Friday, February 13, 2009

About those apple cores

I hate to throw food in the trash. Even apple cores and banana peels. So when I have food scraps at work I take them home to the compost. Sometimes the apple cores don't make it home every day and collect in a tea cup on my desk, becoming dried apple cores. I currently am observing four days of drying on my desk. Please don't think I'm really gross for not cleaning up my desk and trowing out my garbage - apple cores really do dry quite nicely in the dry winter indoor air of our office. The apple cores will go home tonight! My poor husband never knows what he'll find when he opens my lunch dishes. Luckily we've switched to all clear glass bowls so at least he can peek and see if any stinky surprised await (banana peels don't dry quite as nicely as apple cores).

No comments:

Post a Comment