Monday, March 30, 2009

singing the night away

(our little singer making her brother squeal. She Loves pulling his hair)

Our daughter is a singer. Has been since a very early age. I love to hear her beautiful voice, but I'm not so thrilled to hold a singing baby all night. Much better than crying baby though! Between holding my baby for 3 hours last night and very vivid dreams, I'm not feeling exactly rested today.

My dreams last night involved experiences that many women of the world have, but are way outside the realm of my life. It amazes me that I can have such strong dream emotions, experiencing feelings of a depth that are unknown to my real life - fear, despair, anguish, vulnerability. I think that it may be time for me to take a break from listening to news on the BBC World Service and reading the stories of women in developing countries. I feel good buying from Global Girlfriend in an attempt to help these women, but right now I think reading their stories is more than my subconscious needs. I feel helpless hearing what these women go through and not being able to help in a meaningful way. In looking at ourselves more and trying to be true to who we are, my husband and I have decided to try to do a better job of making our purchases help, not hurt, people and the earth. We don't have the time/energy/money for huge changes, but little things...like trying to buy clothes and products that are certified fair trade. Or handmade here in the US. We were already farther along on this than some, but we can always go a step farther.

Instead of listening to the BBC on the way to work this morning I listened to Sandra Ingerman's "Shamanic Journeying: A Beginners Guide" CD. Don't worry, I'm not journeying and driving, I'm learning and driving. With so little time to read, I think CDs are the way to go for me right now. I also seem more enthusiastic when I'm listening/watching her than trying to read. I'm sure I would get more knowledge from reading her books, but that just isn't happening right now, so this more direct and condensed route is better than nothing. I didn't want to get out of the car when I got to work this morning. Now if I can just fine time to practice what I learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment