Tuesday, June 2, 2009

pea pods

I have a large pile of empty pea pods sitting on the corner of my desk today. This morning I stopped at the farmers market for lettuce (since our next batch is not ready yet) and couldn't resist the last bag of peas. I love peas! I bought them for my son - at least that's my justification - but I figured I should test a few before I take them home... I also got some cherry tomatoes. And the lettuce that I came for. Last evening my husband and son put up the cages on our tomato plants while I put our daughter to bed. The garden is looking really nice in the sections that we've gotten weeded and mulched. Hopefully soon I can get some more seeds in and we can finish up the mulching. Fun fun!

Oh, and we're going to have fresh broccoli with dinner! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this time of year - cages soon for our tomatoes too.

    ReplyDelete