Saturday, January 2, 2010

Birthday Cake



A few days ago my little boy turned 4. Four! IV. Four years old! Goodness..... He helped to make his birthday cake. We could only find one beater for the mixer - someone ran off with the other evidently. And this is my mom's mixer. We can't find either beater for my mixer. Somewhere there must be a stash of beaters?

And.....I mad a birthday crown for him!!! I did it. I did it. I've been trying to do a bit of crafting in the evenings after the kids are asleep, and it feels good. I got my sewing machine from my mom. It's a lovely machine that she gave to me as a graduation present when I finished graduate school. But I was pregrant with this will man at the time and it took four years before I carved out time to sew. I let Fire Boy pick out the colors for the crown and he surprised me with his picks. I thought about making a fancier crown, but decided to keep it simple, and he was quite satisfied with the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment